How to Update Firmware
NB: Please backup your data before you perform any upgrade.
1. Uninstall all previous firmware versions from your PC
2.Install Blackberry Desktop Manager. You can download the latest version from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download and install the latest device software.This can be from any service provider/carrier network. You can find firmware packages from various sites on the net. Check the “CATEGORIES” section on the right for some links.
4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Remove vendor.xml
5. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML. Remove vendor.xml
6. Connect your phone via USB cable and open Desktop Manager
After a few seconds a popup will ask you to upgrade the firmware
Follow the prompts and the installation will be completed in about 15 mins